Tuesday, November 14, 2006

More Internet Problems

Okay, so I had the technician from NTL come over yesterday. Didn't help. While before I could get a trickle signal that would enable me to use a limited version of g-mail, now the faucet is shut off. ZERO SIGNAL. To be fair to the technician, this actually happened yesterday before he got there.

But after meeting the techie in the 1 - 6 PM time window, he looked at my modem and plugged in some box. It took about 5 minutes to determine that in fact I did not have a connection. Well I had an upstream connection and not a downstream connection. So he called his boss. The boss said to try a new modem. Of course techie guy didn't have one on him. But he was calling another techie guy in Galway. This was about 3:30 and he was going to get the modem and call me back.

It is now Tuesday at 1 PM and I am again at the Mocha Beans using their signal. So guess what, no call back as of yet?

I called NTL's center to complain that I was abandoned. They took my number and were going to have tech support call me back. That was at 9 AM this morning the minute they opened. I have not received a call from them either today.

So to summarize, I wasted all of yesterday PM at the house waiting to get this fixed and now I am hanging around Galway today on the off chance that they call. Oh and the phone still doew not work as well.

Off to Riga tomorrow. I don't think I am going to take the computer. But rest assured I will have a comprehensive blog post early next week.

For those of you that care about these things, football training (soccer practice) went much better last night. People passed to me and no one seemed to be kicking me on purpose! Much better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well that sucks that your internet is down, if you were closer to home, i would DRIVE and fix it for ya.