Thursday, November 23, 2006

Do As I Say

Do as I say, not as I do:

This car on the right is getting 'clamped'. That is what happens if you park illegally here. This means the parking fines collection rate is real close to 100% in Galway.

But the funny thing is notice where the 'Please Park Legally' van is parked? Totally in the yellow zone, which happens to block the entrance to my parking garage 100%. There was a car waiting there to get out and I saw the parking guy give them the 'just one minute' finger and not move the van. Essentially locking them in their legal parking spot. Wasn't fast enough to get a picture of that.

Today we are LEGAL ALIENS! Kind of fuzzy, but this is my official 'Certificate of Registration' card:

Pretty cool, my first time being an alien. Of course this is old hat for Paty, her third such successfully completed process....

No comments: