Thursday, November 02, 2006

Contact Info & Mics Post

Okay, things are starting to get more settled. I now belong to a golf club and have played a total of 45 holes there. I am looking to greatly increase that number over the next couple weeks.

I just picked up my apartment mail box key and also verified our official address:

Chris or Paty Tobin
Number 6 Atlanta House Apartments
36 Dominick Street
Galway
Ireland


They do NOT use post or zip codes here. Strange but true. This seems to be pretty weird until you do a little comparison as to how small Ireland really is.

Population of Ireland according to 2002 census:
3,917,203
Population of Washington State according to US Census Bureau 2000:
5,894,121
2005 est: 6,287,759

So however you count it, Washington has at least 50% more people than all of Ireland. Ireland has been very successful exporting their culture throughout the world via the ubiquitous Irish Pub and Guinness. That and the potato famine that sent Irish immigrating all over the US and Canada.

Also, we now have a phone. I have a skype account, if you have a computer with high speed internet you can sign up for free for Skype. Then you can call me computer to computer for free. Otherwise, I also purchased a Skype In number that allows me to pick any phone number and it would be a local call. I picked a 206 number, mainly out of habit.

Skype ID:
cptobin
Skype In number:
(206) 201-2109

When you dial this number it will ring on my computer just like a phone. That is if I am logged in. If I am not in the vicinity leave a message like a normal phone and I will get the message as soon as I am back to my computer. Pretty cool technology. This is the future, welcome.

No comments: