Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Egypt Update

Hello from Aswan, Egypt!

Going to be a short post, I am using the lobby computer at the princely sum of 1 Egyptian pound per minute.

I tried to hook my computer up to their network, but it did not work. Too bad as I could have downloaded a few pictures.

The trip has been a blast so far. Very tiring, but a blast.

We have already experienced a lot of firsts on this trip:

First tour group with an itinerary
First time in Africa
First time in a Muslim country
First time at a restaurant that did not sell any alcohol
First time at an authentic pyramid! Very cool, definite wow factor.
First (and, I pray to god, hopefully last) 15 hour train ride from Cairo to Aswan.

Tomorrow is our first cruise ship experience, three nights on the Nile river. I think the pace of the trip is going to slow down once we get on the ship. We have seen a lot of really cool sights so far, and have the pictures to prove it. But it has been GO GO GO from the moment we landed.

All for now, I just wanted you all to know that we are fine. No bathroom problems or random bacteria as of yet. We are having a great adventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Sounds like you guys have experienced a lot of firsts and are having a really good time. I am sure the pictures will be amazing to see - looking forward to it. Have fun world travelers:)

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Stay away from the fried camel tongue. I heard it can give you bad heartburn.

Dave