Thursday, October 26, 2006

Football Tonight

So I was able to wrangle an invitation to play soccer with Paty's office mates. I guess NetIQ (Attachmate is still called NetIQ here in Galway) has a house team that plays every Thursday at 7 pm. It is outdoor, but 5 v 5 on turf. I am not really sure about the set up, but I am anxious to play. It has been a little over a month since I last suited up for Barca Indoor.
One little problem is that I did bring all my gear to Europe, but we had to leave a suitcase each in Brussels. The suitcase I left has all my gear. So I am going to play tonight in my 'runners'. But I need to borrow or purchase some shinguards and socks today.
The other little problem is that I have continued my efforts to go running most days. Yesterday I went almost 5 miles, don't laugh you have to start somewhere. But when I got home I guess my right foot is protesting the excessive pounding from this newly found running enthusiasm and has decided to protest by swelling some above my arch. It is kind of like I got kicked really hard there. No pain, just a weird swelling like maybe I hurt one of the bones somehow. So I am a little nervous about how it is going to react to kicking a soccer ball. I might have to play entirely left footed tonight!
Since I am playing with her coworkers Paty is trying to portray the loving and supporting wife, thus she is going to attend with me. I will have her take some pics of the 'action'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great! Hope you had a good game. Sounds like you are really settling in and enjoying yourself.
Shannon