Monday, July 13, 2009

Pat's 21st Birthday

Well it finally happened. My baby brother, Patrick, turned 21 on Monday. Being the wonderful older brother that I am, I drove down to Vancouver to help with the festivities.

Nothing like a little Beer Pong to get the evening started after they saw The Hangover followed by a late lunch at Red Robin:


After the Beer Pong marathon, we went to McMenamins on the Columbia River for dinner and some brews. It was good to get some food and water into Patrick so he would have the fortitude to make it through the night unlike a couple of my previous siblings 21 runs.

After McMenamins we headed to downtown Portland and Kell's. Pat is a big fan of the Guinness, so what better place to go on a Monday night than Kell's?

By the end of the night I was not 100% sure who was celebrating Pat's birthday more:

All in all, it was a good night. This was my third, and thankfully last, younger sibling to turn 21 and now that I am in my mid-30s I am not sure if I could take any more.

3 comments:

Shans said...

Mid 30's...rounding into the late 30's old man :) I am right there with you, not sure I could have represented like you, better sibling are you!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure who the previous 2 siblings were who didn't do well on their 21 runs? As I recall you were down well before this sibling called it a night on that faithful day in november of 1998.

Unknown said...

It took me 1 year, 3 months, 22 hours and 18 minutes, but I just caught it.

Mike, learn to math. In November of 1998 I was in Cancun and missed your 22nd b-day.