Thursday, July 30, 2009

103 degrees

Yeah, you read that right. It was 103 degrees in Seattle yesterday according to the national weather service. The old ALL TIME record high for Seattle since records have been kept starting in 1891 was 100, in 1941 and 1994.

In the past year we have the hottest day on record, the hottest week on record and the most snow in a day, week and month in Seattle history. Who said global warming isn't real?

The main problem is that we, like everyone else, do not have AC. Normally when it gets hot I can play the open house at night and run fans then close house up during day game and deal with it. But the problem here is that the night time temperature didn't drop below 70 degrees (also record low temp in Seattle history) rendering my system relatively useless. Plus my office doesn't have AC either, so the only time I am cool is in the Camry.

Paty and I have moved to the basement until the heat passes and that helped immensely last night. It is strange to sleep on a hide a bed in your own home, but worth it.

I have some pics from the races to put up. I've just been busy devising new systems to stay cool to get around to it. Plus I don't have as many good ones as I thought I did, except the flip which will end up being it's own post.

All for now. Stay Cool!

No comments: