Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Moving

I hate moving. This is one of my core beliefs in life. I am a bit of a pack rat leading me to always have too much stuff, thus I hate moving.

So when my Uncle Rob calls me at 7 PM on Friday night, he had a strategy. First he called at 7 PM on a Friday in Seattle that was in the upper 70's and not a cloud in the sky. This is a good strategy by Rob because the odds of me already being at a happy hour under these conditions are > 80%. Which I was.

When Rob says we are over on your side of the state, what are you doing tomorrow? I should have known it was a trap. But the sun (and beverages) might have dulled my defenses and I answered with a "Nothing really, why what's up?" Thinking that they wanted to meet in Seattle.

Nope, they needed help unloading the U-haul that apparently had every worldly possession of Cousin Matt's plus his long lost girlfriend(?) Jade.

Before:

After:

Matt had a week from when we unloaded the U-haul until he starts his new job over in Poulsbo. So we banged out the unloading, but left the unpacking to Matt. I actually took great pride in unloading things in weird spots. Skateboard...Bathroom. Bedroom stuff...Kitchen. And so on.

All in all it actually wasn't that bad. And then I had to drive back to Seattle for a Sounders game on Saturday night. Game kicked off at 7:30, I met my buddies the Klisch's and Aaron Last and Krista somethingorother (Aaron's girlfriend) at the Pyramid beer garden to partake of the continuing great weather. I would post a picture but due to an oversight, we brought the camera but did not take any pictures. Rest assured that it was a beautiful night to watch the 'beautiful game' at Qwest.

No comments: