Thursday, January 08, 2009

Game Day, UW v Stanford Hoops

UW 84
Stanford 83

The UW played well today. I had not seen Stanford play until today, but they seemed to shoot the lights out. I can't imagine them playing any better. A few times the UW, as they are apt to do, went on a frantic run that should have put some distance between them and Stanford. But Stanford was extremely composed. For a first year coach, Johnny Dawkins is about as composed as you can ever hope for. Eleven years as an assistant at Duke really shows. Stanford made a nice, no great, hire there.

Here's a couple pics I took with my camera phone. I'm not sure how well they will show up so I might have to cart in the regular camera.

The game was not a technical sell out, but the atmosphere is back after a down year in 2007-2008.

The Cal game is at 3 PM on Saturday. They are really good. Currently ranked #10 in the RPI and I think 17 or so in the polls. This will be a big test and also for the early season Pac-10 lead.
2-0 in the Pac-10

No comments: