Monday, May 14, 2007

Dubrovnik post 1

Today is our second full day in Dubrovnik. Yesterday we spent almost the entire day at this beach:

Paty got so tan, she almost looks like a Mexican again. She actually got a little too much sun. A new experience for her, as we were at the pharmacy looking for some type of aloe and she kept telling the lady "but I am from Mexico, this shouldn't happen".

Last night we ran into the two professional basketball players again. We actually hung out for a while, I bought them a few beers. I got the impression that being a professional women basketball player in England is a lot closer to a 'life enriching experience' than the riches of an NBA contract.

They were VERY tall:


Today we took a ferry to the island right across from Dubrovnik. It is an uninhabited island that is more of a nature preserve. A lot of peacocks:

And unbeknowst to me before today, I guess the peacocks can fly:


The island is really beautiful. You can get there via a 15 minute ferry, which we did, or by private boat or even by kayak. We again saw our basketball friends on the island, they had taken the kayak option. Being as they were professional athletes and all, I figured this was a better option for them than Paty and I. Paty and I would have to take one of those two person kayaks, and we all know who would be doing the bulk of the paddling!

Paty took her first true dip in the Adriatic Sea:


While I went for a little more adventure:




The basketball girls had actually jumped first, so between that and the gaggle of Japanese tourists on the boat in the background cheering me on I really had no choice but to climb up and take the plunge. It was quite fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Don't worry mom, the water is quite deep.

All for now, my internet cafe time is up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there's something wrong w/that picture, there's some blinding white flash in the middle of it. I think your camera might be broken.
Dan

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun, glad to see things are picking up around the island.

Shannon

Webmarkia said...

I like totally and agree. And I think that in order to be comfortable with your style is to wear it more often. So wear your style to the lab on days that you don't have to do anything bloody, muddy or otherwise gross!
rent a boat dubrovnik





Unknown said...

Therefore glad I found your website searching for shoes.
This is great information at any given time when the internet is full
of falsehoods. Keep up the task in "Link to another good article from Allen Wright" and that i can
come back often.
holiday home dubrovnik