Monday, October 24, 2011

Winemakeing

As many of you may or may not know, and by many I am probably talking to the two people who still have this site in some sort of reader as I have not added any content lately, I have started making wine. Thus for the near future I'll start documenting some of the adventures of Chris and Nate making wine in this space.

Some of you do not know Nate, he is my buddy that I go to the Husky Basketball with and now make wine with.

This fall will be our first foray into buying grapes and making wine with those. Previously we have bought frozen juice and must from Brehm Vineyard's.

Last fall we made a Chardonnay that was bottled around November of 2010. And this spring, also from Brehm, we made a Merlot and Cab Franc 50/50 blend that is currently aging in 5 gallon and 1 gallon glass carboys. The Chardonnay was attempted mainly to learn. And the red was purchased because that was readily available and we did not know how much actual wine we would get from two 5 gallon pails of frozen must. The answer was approximately 6.5 gallons, 6 of which made it to aging.

This post will be short, because I already have photos and content to write up concerning:
Chris and Nate's first crush!

No comments: