Saturday, September 22, 2007

Marriage

Back in mid summer, my sister Natalie got married. She married her 'high school sweetheart' after dating for almost 8 years.

There are many many pictures of the wedding done very professionally by an actual photographer of the event. You will find nothing of the sort on this site. This is the man (or woman depending on who held the camera) view from the action. Enjoy!

Rehearsal dinner at the park. All the flower girls got cool Gucci sunglasses:
Natalie's bride's maids plus a flower girl lurking below.

The next day was the wedding, standard protocol the day after the rehearsal dinner. The wedding party was 'encouraged' to arrive about 16 hours prior to the ceremony for pictures.
Here's me with the only girls not married to me that really still like me:

Everyone wants to see the cake:
Me and my best friend:

The dirty little secret as to how we were able to convince Natalie not to bolt during the wedding:
Yes, there was a bagpiper.
Yes, said bagpiper came equipped with a kilt.
No, we are not Scottish.
No, Aaron's family is not from a highland sheep herding culture either.

Overheard just before this picture: "Just in case, my car is right outside the gate and the keys are in it."


All decorations, arrangements, issues, coordination, assimilation and beyond was made much easier by Shannon. I honestly believe we would have seen how the weather was in Vegas the third weekend of July if it wasn't for Shannon. The Tobin family dermatologist sends his thanks.


Way to go Aaron! Closing your eyes while kissing is only for when you are courting.

Natalie laughing at something funny our dad said.Okay, maybe the champagne made it funnier but it's my blog and I'll post my version of the event as I see fit.
Speaking of my blog this was also my champagne, err sparkling wine of the champagne method:

Some people were ushers, some people set up tables, some people help with catering, everyone had their role. My official job was 'enabler':

Jump Jump
I had to borrow a one year old (Molly Sobo) just to fit in for this picture. Also feel free to leave any thoughts on Mike's hair in the comment section of the blog. I'll make sure he gets them:

This was the only picture I could find to prove that Patrick was actually at the wedding, thus it's inclusion:

Grace during the 'money dance':

Aaron wasn't nearly as popular during the money dance, thus I felt the need to step in and fill the gap.
You wonder where else Natalie had money stashed from the dance:


That was pretty much the synopsis of the night. We had a great time and I think everyone else did as well. Big congrats to Natalie and Aaron or as they are now known, the Coiteux's. You will now be cursed by mangled pronunciations and misspellings for the remainder of your days! As the night wrapped down, I think we all would have liked to do as Lexi and just have a binky:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and summary of the wedding - a great time was had by all!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Chris, thanks for the great summary of the day. It was surely the most amazing day of my life!!! Thanks to all that made it sooooo special.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah the one above is me, nat!!!

Anonymous said...

Mike you are a freak. Shave that thing.

Vince