Thursday, December 14, 2006

Post Updates and Misc....

Well I have been reluctant to put this on the blog because I didn't want to jinx it, but it has been four days with no problems so my confidence is edging up. Thus: WE NOW HAVE WORKING INTERNET IN THE APARTMENT!

Thank you Eircom DSL!!!!!!!!! I got it hooked up on Monday AM and have not had a glitch yet. Of course that being said I am now doomed.

I have also upgraded the blog host to a new version of blogger. You might not notice, but this is what gave me the options for more boxes around the main part of the blog. Not ideal, but it is getting better. I am starting to kick around the idea of getting an actual website.

One of the things that the upgrade has let me do is label all posts. So I have decided to create two labels. The first is Travels. This is self explanatory, but I will explain it nevertheless. This is where I am going to group all our posts that deal with places we go and pictures of said places. The second label is called 'Life of Chris'. This will be the more mundane, although sometimes entertaining, posts that deal with what I am doing here in Galway and elsewhere. This is where I will try and apply all my wit and sarcasm to make the blog interesting. Yes, for those of you that didn't notice, that is what I have been TRYING to do. Judging by the amount of comments, it hasn't been that successful. But anecdotal evidence suggests that I might be doing a decent job.

One of the things I have been continually asked, by everyone including my wife, is what I do with my day. To be honest with you, the transition has been made less difficult with my training as an account rep at hertz. The two situations are not as disparate as you might first imagine.

To kill my day, I have been running most every day. That is until Monday when I hurt my foot. Don't fret, this is not a recurrence of the plantar fasciitis but a new injury. What it is I don't know. But it has had me shelved for the last two days. My right ankle/outside of foot is swelled up and bruised. It does feel better today, so I am going to give football training (Irish for soccer practice) a go tonight.

One of the reasons I have been running everyday, besides the boredom, is that I have pretty much mentally committed myself to doing this:
Prague

After clicking on link, you will see the website for the Prague half marathon on March 24th. What a good birthday present to myself! Do the half marathon and then replenish those calories over the next three days with Pilsner Urquell.

I also just picked up a copy of World of Warcraft, WOW for those in the know. I can already tell that this game is really going to help me pass the time. I highly recommend the game if you have vast amounts of time on your hands. For instance, you are alone in a foreign country, a college student or an account manager. It is a highly addictive game that is played online with 'millions' of other people around the world. I finally got my copy of the game downloaded, updated and logged in online last night at about 1 AM. I then looked up and it was somehow 4 AM.

But don't fret about the late night, I was just training for tonight's activities:

SEAHAWKS ARE ON LIVE TV in Galway! Kickoff at 1 AM!

I am very pumped about this as you can imagine. We need this game to not only clinch the division, but to earmark the start of our 7 game unbeaten run to the Super Bowl title.

Friday we have Paty's Galway Christmas party. Apparently it is in a castle, so it should be cool. If not a little cold and drafty as well.

No plans for the rest of the weekend, but a week from today we will be heading to Rome for Christmas. Five nights in the 'eternal city' should be a good trip. Rest assured there will be a Rome post or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are finally able to connect to the internet from home...no more coffee shop:) Good luck with the 1/2 marathon training, hopefully the foot gets better and soccer training tonight doesn't make it worse. We sent you a Christmas card - but not so sure you will get it before you leave Galway in the Spring... :)

Take care,
Shannon